Who Do I Call If My Boiler Is Broken?

A broken boiler can be an initial awkwardness, particularly during the chilling cold months when you rely on it for heating and hot water. If you find yourself in a situation where your boiler is not working correctly or has completely stopped functioning, it's essential to know who to call for assistance.

At Vaillant Boiler Repairs Holland Park, we always try to bring you the proper facilities to keep your defective boiler on track. Take a look at how we guide you through the steps to take and provide you with the information you need to get your boiler up and running again.

First Thing, First!

The first point of contact for boiler repairs is often your gas or energy supplier. If you're facing issues with your boiler, check if you have any cover or service agreement in place with your energy provider. Many suppliers offer boiler breakdown cover as part of their services, and if you have such an agreement, they will usually have a dedicated helpline for repairs. Contact your supplier and provide them with all the necessary details about your boiler, including the make, model, and any error codes or symptoms you have noticed.

Looking for a specialist is mandatory!

If you don't have a boiler breakdown cover or your energy supplier doesn't offer repair services, the next step is to contact a qualified heating engineer or a boiler repair specialist. These professionals are trained and certified to diagnose and fix boiler issues. Look for reputable local heating engineers with experience with your specific boiler type or brand. You can search online directories, ask for recommendations from friends or family, or check with professional trade associations for a list of certified engineers.

Speak well to the engineers to make them know what troubles your boiler is facing:

When contacting a heating engineer or boiler repair specialist, be prepared to provide them with relevant information about your boiler's problem. Describe the symptoms or issues you are experiencing in as much detail as possible. This will help them understand the problem better and come prepared with the necessary tools and spare parts. The engineer may also ask for additional information, such as the age of your boiler and when it was last serviced.
Landlord’s Role is More Significant!
It's worth noting that if you are a tenant in a rented property, you should inform your landlord or property management company about the boiler issue as soon as possible. They will typically have a preferred contractor or engineer they work with for maintenance and repairs. Ensure you follow the procedures outlined in your tenancy agreement and keep records of all communication regarding the boiler problem.
What is necessary in urgent situations?
It is crucial to prioritize safety in urgent situations, such as a gas leak or a strong smell of gas. If you suspect a gas leak, immediately turn off the gas supply at the meter, open windows to ventilate the area, and vacate the premises. Call the emergency gas hotline in your country right away, and they will guide you through the necessary steps to ensure your safety.

Last but not least! When your boiler is broken, the first step is to check if you have a boiler breakdown cover with your energy supplier. If not, contact a qualified heating engineer or boiler repair specialist in your area. Provide them with all the relevant information about the problem, and they will be able to assist you in diagnosing and fixing the issue. Inform your landlord or property management company about the problem if you're a tenant. And remember, in case of a gas leak or strong smell of gas, prioritize safety by turning off the gas supply, ventilating the area, evacuating the premises, and contacting the emergency gas hotline
Our engineers are Gas Safe registered giving you the peace of mind that you’re in safe hands. We work to a higher standard and maintain a quality management system in the business.
© Copyright 2024 by Vaillant Boiler Repairs. All Rights Reserved.